Catalytic Effusion Fragrance Lamps and Fuels clean your breathing air, killing up to 85% of all germs floating around in your home. Fragrance Lamps also produce those feel good things called “Negative Ions”. Your Catalytic Fragrance Lamp will give you many years of tantalizing aromas and CLEAN HEALTHY BREATHING AIR by following a few simple steps to keep your Stone Burner and Wick clean and in good working condition. The Stone Burner is the working part of these Hand Blown Glass Catalytic Fragrance Lamps.
The technology behind the fragrance lamp was invented by European scientists in the mid 1800’s. The scientists were searching for a method of disinfecting and purifying air, and discovered that using a simple catalytic process (no flame) would accomplish their mission. And the Catalytic Effusion Lamp was born! [they probably called it something a bit different though] It was later discovered that you could add fragrances to the recipe and have great aromas filling their space, while still disinfecting the air.
HOW TO LIGHT A FRAGRANCE LAMP
– fill the lamp no more than 2/3 full with Fragrance Fuel. Run the Wick down into the lamp, allowing the Stone Burner to rest snugly on top of the metal band at the top of the Fragrance Lamp. Place the snuffer cap over the stone burner. After 20 minutes remove the snuffer cap, light the stone burner and allow the flame to burn for 3 – 4 minutes. Blow the flame out and place the large decorative vented cap over the stone burner and enjoy!
DO NOT ALLOW THE FLAME TO BURN LONGER THAN 4 MINUTES! or you may ruin your stone burner.
TURNING A FRAGRANCE LAMP OFF
when you want to ‘turn your lamp off’, do one of the following
1] If you are going to be lighting your Fragrance Lamp again in the next few days and you still have 2 or 3 inches of Fragrance Fuel in the lamp, place the snuffer cap over the stone burner. Then when you are ready to relight your lamp, simply follow directions above on “How To Light A Fragrance Lamp” OR if necessary, remove the burner and wick and add more fuel. Then place the burner and wick back into your lamp and light it
2] If you are NOT going to be using your lamp for a few days or longer, after the stone cools to the touch, remove it from the lamp. Place your burner and wick on a clean paper towel allowing the towel to soak up the excess fuel – IF your lamp still had fuel in it- Then pour about 1/3 cup 4-In-One Solution for fragrance lamps into a clean bowl, and swish your burner/wick around in the solution. DO NOT let your dirty burner/wick soak in the solution.
Care of Stone Burner and Wick Assembly for Catalytic Fragrance Lamps
– IF you let your fragrance lamp go out, put the snuffer cap on your fragrance lamp or you will ruin any fragrance fuel left in the lamp. The antiseptic will evaporate and your fuel will no longer burn
– NEVER USE ANY TYPE OF FRAGRANCE OR FUEL OR OIL OTHER THAN THE FRAGRANCE FUEL THAT IS MADE FOR THESE FRAGRANCE LAMPS! It won’t work and you will ruin your Stone Burner
– DO NOT soak dirty, gummed up wicks in cleaning solution trying to get it clean – you are just letting the sediments settle into your stone burner
– your Stone Burner/Wick will have a very small wire that goes over top of the burner. DO NOT EVER REMOVE THAT WIRE. A Catalytic Stone Burner and Wick is not like any other type of wick.
– Do not push/pull the wick up through the stone buner like a traditional wick. These wicks are just not made that way and you will ruin it
– to clean your stone burner and fragrance lamp at the same time, burn some 4-in-one-solution in your fragrance lamp. Then you’ll clean your lamp,burner, and your breathing air all at the same time
– You can use our Onaya Fragrance Fuels in any brand of Catalytic Effusion Fragrance Lamp
Fragrance Lamp Safety Tips
1. Treat fragrance fuel just like you would isopropyl alcohol. Do not store it next to an open flame and do not allow children to touch your Fragrance Lamp while in use.
2. Never leave the stone burning with an open flame
3. Use the small funnel included with your Fragrance Lamp to pour the Fragrance Fuel into the Fragrance Lamp. Always clean any spills of fuel immediately and before you light the lamp.
4. Don’t fill your lamp all the way to the top. 2/3 – 3/4 full is fine
5. Never place snuffing cap over an open flame.
6. Do not refill the fragrance lamp until stone burner is cool to touch.
Fragrance fuel is fragrance oil suspended in an isopropyl alcohol base. This fragrance lamp fuel is the base of the catalytic process which effuses the fragrance into the air.
my own experience
The instructions provided above are based on the basics included with Catalytic Fragrance Lamps, with my own updated findings over the past couple of years. The testing and research I have done has taken me through several of the Stone Burners while determining what can and cannot be done with these wicks.
But Onaya’s latest Stone Burner and Wick lasts longer, are much easier to care for, and can take more abuse or forgetfulness. Like when you forget to place the snuffer cap on when all the fuel is gone.
If your lamp goes out [runs out of fuel] and you don’t put the snuffer cap on immediately, NO PROBLEM! The new Onaya Stone Burners will fire right back up even if you leave the cap off for a few days!
If you haven’t tried one of the new Stone Burner and Wick Assembly’s from Onaya, you are missing out on a great stone burner. They are so much easier to care for.
ALWAYS USE NAME BRAND, QUALITY FRAGRANCE FUELS IN YOU FRAGRANCE LAMP, OR YOU WILL RUIN YOUR STONE BURNER and WICK.
I hope this has helped some to better understand just what a Catalytic Effusion Fragrance Lamp is, and how to use them properly to achieve the longest lasting fragrance, and best performance.